Considerate and Caring: The Staff of Carty Funeral Homes
At Carty Funeral Homes we have the sense of duty that comes with our profession - the responsibility to the deceased and to those left behind. We understand your needs, concerns and grief, and respond with compassion, care and empathy.
Verlin K. Carty, Sr.
Licensed in funeral directing and embalming since 1976.
Graduate of Clinch Valley College, Wise, Virginia and John Tyler Community College, Chester, Virginia
Self-employed in the funeral business since 1987.
Along with wife Dana, own and operate Polly & Craft and Carty Funeral Homes.
Father of three children; Keith, David, and Hannah
- Advising the bereaved family on funeral arrangements and pre-arrangements
- Supporting the bereaved family from the time of death to the burial
- Management of funeral services
- Mortuary preparation.
Helping people in difficult life situations
Dana R. Carty
Licensed funeral director and life and health insurance agent.
Graduate of John I. Burton High School, Norton, Virginia.
Been funeral home co-owner with husband Verlin, since 1987.
Along with husband Verlin, own and operate Polly & Craft and Carty Funeral Homes.
Mother of three children; Keith, David, and Hannah
* Advising the bereaved family on funeral arrangements and pre-arrangements
* Supporting the bereaved family from the time of death to the burial
* Management of funeral services
* Knowing that I help make a difference during a difficult time in people's lives.
Verlin Keith Carty, Jr.
Licensed funeral director.
Graduate of J.J. Kelly High School, Wise, Virginia
Been involved in funeral service since childhood.
Manager of Carty Funeral Home, Neon, KY
Married to Megan Sanders Carty
Father of four; Trey, Trent, Ethan, and Arabella
* All aspects of the funeral home management and operation.
* Knowing that I can make a difference in people's lives at a really difficult time.
Megan Sanders Carty
Funeral home assistant
Graduate of Jenkins High School and Lifelong Letcher County Resident
Been involved in funeral home day to day operations for 10 years.
Married to Keith Carty
Mother of four; Trey, Trent, Ethan, and Arabella
* Assisting in the daily operation of the funeral homes.
* Being involved in the family business helps me to appreciate life and just how precious it is.
THE FUNERAL HOMES ARE VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE ASSISTANCE OF A FEW VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE THAT ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND COULDN'T DO WITHOUT.
EMORY MULLINS & WIFE PATTY